RE: Get your CAT Scan here!

Jim,

I agree with what you said.  Unfortunately, in medicine a bad decision may be fatal.  In your case, routine follow-ups sound like a good idea.  Since I do not have a familiar history of aneurysms, should I get one?  But then, what test should I not get?  Even if I had a lot of money to blow on boutique medicine, I wouldn't.

But, hey, I'm from New Jersey.  And unlike OTHER PEOPLE from New Jersey, my wife and I have a farily stoic outlook on life.

 "Dukelow, James S Jr" <jim.dukelow@pnl.gov> wrote:

John,

Let's chase down the implications of the phrase "familiar history".  My family history is an uncle on Mother's side, whose aneurysm was discovered by accident and repaired, and my Father, whose aneurysm proceeded asymptomatically to failure and caused his death at a time when he was otherwise happy and healthy.

It is a bit like the old aphorism:  How do you make good decisions?  Experience.  How do you get experience?  Making bad decisions.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail: crispy_bird@yahoo.com