RE: Air Sampling for unknowns to Use of Radsafe as a Forum

Jerry,

I agree that this is probably of general interest to the group.

George's request for private response made me think about pointing that

out as well.  It makes me want to go into a little tirade, so here I

go...

I wish there was more practical information being shared through this

forum.  It is my general observation that Radsafe is being used most

extensively by a few groups who are studying areas of health physics

that are not directly practical such as LNT, Radon, dirty bombs, and the

favorite - media hype.

I for one am happy to see all of these things discussed and debated and

presented here on Radsafe.  But I also think that people with very

simple technical and applied questions should feel free to use the

forum, and that most of that information is of general interest.  And I

am very disappointed in those who engage in non-constructively

criticizing others for asking basic HP questions.  I don't think Radsafe

should be a private intellectual country club.

I know this topic has been discussed in the past but I think that some

people still avoid asking basic questions and exchanging basic

information publicly (myself included) for fear that it will make them

look bad to the Radsafe "moral majority".  And this is mainly because a

few bad apples jump down your throat over certain questions.

By the way, I do recognize that the Radsafe "quiet majority" is

populated by kind professionals who are happy to help out a colleague at

any level.

Do I share the same opinions as others?

Well at least I got that off my chest.

My opinions only.

Jim Blute, CHP

>>> "Falo, Gerald A Dr HMJF" <Gerald.Falo@APG.AMEDD.ARMY.MIL> 02/21/03

08:40AM >>>

All,

Actually, I'm interested in this topic as well and believe that it

would be

of general interest to the list.

Jerry

How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then rest afterwards. - Spanish

proverb

The statements herein are entirely the fault of the author and in no

way

should be interpreted as official statements of any person or

organization

unless otherwise noted.

Gerald A. Falo, Ph.D., CHP

Henry M Jackson Foundation Professional Associate

United States Army Center for Health Promotion and Preventive Medicine

Health Physics Program

gerald.falo@apg.amedd.army.mil