RE: Nova - Dirty Bombs

This is so ancient, it's almost pathetic to revisit.  For at long as

"nukulur" (the current Bushieism for things involving the inner portion

of the atom as we understand it) has been a part of our vocabulary

(Thanks to Ike for the first public murder of this English word!)  there

has been a "nuclear" exclusion in commercial insurance policies.

Perhaps one among us who is more knowledgeable than I can speak to the

vagaries of the Price Anderson Act, which forms the basis for current

nuclear liability insurance.  With the dawn of the nukulur era, the

fledgling nuclear industry would never have generated the first private

sector megawatt given the spectre of unlimited liability from an

"extraordinary nuclear occurrence", without a federal shield (AKA

subsidy) provided by the PAA.  Go back and read your oldest homeowners

policy -- the nuke exclusion is there, has been and will forevermore.

When I had a radon analytical business in the 1980s and needed general

business liability insurance, I had to go into  a Swiss insurance pool

to get coverage just because I admitted to the presence of natural

radioactivity in analytical samples.

Get over it.

George J. Vargo, Ph.D., CHP

vargo@physicist.net