Re: Article: Travelers screened for signs of radiation

They can even detect chemotherapy results.  Now I am really impressed!

And in case you were worried about giving away too much information to terrorists:

The government has other equipment to check for radiological weapons, such as special monitors that screen trucks. Even though Customs officials hope to have 400 of them operating in less than a year, government auditors have said it will take years to get the equipment working properly and to train users.

 Jim Hardeman <Jim_Hardeman@dnr.state.ga.us> wrote:

Roy -

Yeah, I heard that bit about the x-ray on NPR yesterday morning! Quite an amazing instrument, huh? <grin>

Jim Hardeman
Jim_Hardeman@dnr.state.ga.us

>>> "Roy A. Parker" <roy@royparker.org> 3/2/2003 20:31:55 >>>
Jim.

Check the full article!  http://www.oaklandtribune.com/Stories/0,1413,82%257E1865%257E1215537,00.html

Particularly the ability of this wonderful pager to detect someone who recently received an x-ray.  Hmmm wonder how that works?  Can't wait to get my hands on one of these great instruments.

. . .

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist