AW: Woman Takes on Anti-War Celebs (semi-offtopic)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von Neil, David M

Gesendet: Dienstag, 04. März 2003 16:07

An: RadSafe Listserver

Betreff: Woman Takes on Anti-War Celebs (semi-offtopic)

A North Carolina mother of three has a simple message for anti-war

celebrities like West Wing star Martin Sheen and singer Sheryl Crow: Enough

already!

Lori Bardsley of Summerfield, N.C., has gotten so sick of hearing

entertainers sound off that she has set up Citizens Against Celebrity

Pundits, a group designed to keep discussion of the issue in perspective

This is off topic, but I'm sure most can see the applicability to topics

often discussed here.  (STAR, Tooth Fairy, et al.)

-----------------------------------

I think, that there is a fundamental difference between anti-war engagement

and for instance the Tooth Fairy Project. It must be legitimate, that a

citizen - whether celebrity or not - is opposed to a war. This comes in my

opinion close to "common sense" and the politicians who want to make war

have been elected "democratically" by the citizens and therefore have to

stand any objections, not to talk about that they have to take them serious.

In the case of the Tooth Fairy Project - of which I am rather well

informed - we observe violation of objective facts and scientific truth. I

dare say, that this is one of the worst sh*t I ever have heard of. There is

not the slightest problem to proof that and I believe that I have done it

sufficiently on RADSAFE.

I have never heard of, that any "mother of three" has started any movement

against the celebrities who help to raise money for the Tooth Fairy

nonsense. I have not heard that any celebrities, who testify "!!!" for

congress on nuclear and radioactivity issues have ever been questioned by a

"mother of three".

Best regards,

Franz