Re: Specific Gamma Ray Constant for Ra-226

I believe that the old rule, perhaps the original definition, was that 1

Ci of Ra-226 in equilibrium with it's daughters gives 1 R/hr at 1 YARD,

 not 1 meter.  Hence the ratio of 0.84 I found in my old Rad Health

Handbook for the dose rate at 1 meter.  The value of 0.84 was later

revised to be 0.825 .

John Andrews

Knoxville, Tennessee