AW: Decontamination efforts and the Chernobyl Accident

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu [mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von Bill Ulicny
Gesendet: Freitag, 07. März 2003 22:03
An: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu
Betreff: Decontamination efforts and the Chernobyl Accident

List Members,

Can anyone recommend a list of references that deal with the effectiveness of decontamination efforts at buildings contaminated by the Chernobyl accident?  It would be most appreciated, and if anyone responds offlist, I will be glad to post the results to the list when I get them.

Bill,

There was a working group within a very comprehensive research programme of the IAEA on the effects of Chernobyl, which was called VAMP (Validation of Model Predictions). I know that this working group was called "Urban contamination" and it was headed by a Danish scientist. I have participated in some of their meetings and somewhere I should have the papers, but it was about 10 years ago so memory does not serve well and I would have to spend considerable time to search for it among my tons of papers. I guess that you might be able to retrieve information by searching for VAMP with search engines, of which I recommend Google. You might also find information at the IAEA web site.

In case you are not successful in your search and you convince me that it is for you a matter of "life and death" (I am exaggerating as usual) I would start to search my papers!

Best regards,

Franz