Re: Compensation can be awarded based on fear

> I do not think this does not bode well.  What will the next step be?

I think it will be a short time before we find that this was a very poor

ruling. Practically every workplace in the world has some toxic substance(s)

on site. There is certainly measurable background radiation and radon in all

buildings. In absolutely every workplace in the US, one in four workers will

get cancer. I think there will be a lot of "genuine and serious" fear as it

becomes obvious to many people that having ''genuine and serious'' fear

means "I get a sack of money now, please," if they have a cancer. So,

regardless of the employer's carefulness or carelessness in managing the

workplace, it will need to pay "damages" to every worker who gets cancer, if

those employees can simply say they were afraid of the toxins? That's a bit

extreme, even coming from Ginsburg.

Mike

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP

Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Vanderbilt University

1161 21st Avenue South

Nashville, TN 37232-2675

Phone (615) 343-0068