RE: Risk Assessment

Title: RE: Risk Assessment

Susan,

You can look through the NRC's information notices at:

http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/gen-comm/info-notices/

These contain a lot of examples of things that have gone wrong.

NRC's annual report to Congress on abnormal occurrences [the NUREG-0090 series] contains the more significant events. The most recent one is on line at:

http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/nuregs/staff/

Previous reports in the NUREG-0090 series may be online through ADAMS:

http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html

Or you can get help from the NRC's Public Document Room:

http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/pdr.html

One incident from several years ago that sticks in my mind:

A lactating patient was treated with radioiodine and the nursing child's thyroid was destroyed as a result.

Regards,

Ben

Ben.morgan@pgnmail.com