RE: skyshine from radiography sources, Tokaimura criticalityacci dent

Mike,

There is some radio-iodine, but it is part of the remaining 5% of the dose.

Check out DOE's release fractions handbook (sorry, I don't have the

reference with me now).  It has a section on criticality accidents that

lists the isotopes that you should assume get released, and a second list

for the fractional releases depending on the type of criticality accident

(metal, solutions, finely divided powders, etc.).

If you are interested, I can send you an example of the calculations when I

get back to the office next Tuesday.  Please send me a message off-list and

I'll get back to you.

Doug