Re: [Fwd: [downwinders] DU impacts]-

Guys,

I posted it because I felt  the list might be interested. I posted the

article without any editorial comment, which means that the article

should have been treated as though Joe List Member posted it.

My personal position on the health effects of DU weapons has been, and

remains, undecided.

Peace,

Norm

Stewart Farber wrote:

>Perhaps Norm Cohen posted the news article because he's finally come to realize

>that the fact that you can measure the decay of an atom of a radioactive nuclide

>doesn't mean it presents a real risk. Perhaps, but not likely. Has Norm begun to

>behave in an intellectually honest manner and actually think through the dogma of

>his earlier stated claims? Questions, but no answers.

>I recall a quote from the playwright Henrik Ibsen:

>"I'm there to question not to answer."

>For the benefit of Franz, Ibsen's actual statement was:

>"Ich bin zu fragen, nicht zu antworten."

>Not a bad job if you can get paid for it.

>Stewart Farber

>3/26/03 1:17:40 PM, John M Priest <priestj@DTEENERGY.COM> wrote:

>> Do you have a point?

>> "The report found that recorded contamination levels are very low and do

>> not present immediate radioactive or toxic risks for the environment or

>> human health."

>> Norman Cohen wrote:

>>   FYI - re: your continued discussion of DU.

>>   Peace,

>>   Norm

-- Coalition for Peace and Justice and the UNPLUG Salem Campaign; 321 Barr Ave., Linwood, NJ 08221; 609-601-8583 or 609-601-8537;  ncohen12@comcast.net  UNPLUG SALEM WEBSITE:  http://www.unplugsalem.org/  COALITION FOR PEACE AND JUSTICE WEBSITE:  http://www.coalitionforpeaceandjustice.org   The Coalition for Peace and Justice is a chapter of Peace Action.

"First they ignore you; Then they laugh at you; Then they fight you; Then you win. (Gandhi) "Why walk when you can fly?"  (Mary Chapin Carpenter)