From: Boomologist [mailto:boomologist@GotHotRocks.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 12:16
To: RADSAFE
Subject: RE: DOT Question

Hi,
"Also, if the US adopts the TS-R-1 (ST-1), then the "unregulated" limit for natural uranium would drop to 1 Bq/g (if I read the table right)."
Could you please expand on this? I, and many others, routinely ship/mail natural Uranium. For most of my shipments the specimens are below 70Bq/g but are above 50Bq/g when taking into account the weight of the matrix. My shipments have been exempt from labeling requirements and special packaging. What would be the impact for myself and hundreds of others who collect, trade/sell natural Uranium? Where can I find more about this?
Just when things are running smooth someone wants to change everything.
                       Thanks,
                                 Ron Dicus
                        www.GotHotRocks.com