Re: medical misadministration to child

Is the MIRD dose factor for normal thyroid uptake.  If the patient was being

scanned because of a suspected hyperthyroid condition, it seems that the uptake

and dose would be higher.

Second question.  Would prompt intervention, eg, administration of stable iodide

have been effective in reducing the dose?

It seems that even late intervention would be helpful in reducing the dose from

recycled iodine.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Curies forever.