AW: AW: Prussian Blue as Tmt for Exposure to Radioactive Exposures

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: LancerGT@aol.com [mailto:LancerGT@aol.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 04. April 2003 20:18
An: franz.schoenhofer@CHELLO.AT; radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu
Betreff: Re: AW: Prussian Blue as Tmt for Exposure to Radioactive Exposures

Franz,
       The Report was sponsored by the IAEA (through the  European commission (EC) the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, The World Health Organization (WHO), The World Meterological, the IAEA and UNSCEAR).
       The International Chernobyl Project (ICP) Conclusions and Recommendations were approved by the ICP International Committe on 22 March 1991 and presented for scrutiny to an international conference in Vienna 21 24 May, 1991 (weren't you there?). You can try and purchase a copy from the IAEA website of the overview (STI/PUB/884  (1991)) or spring a few extra shekels for for the full report  (STI/PUB//894 (1991)) ISBN 92-0-12939. and READ it (it is out of print and mine is currently unavailable for refreshing). This was an exhaustive study and covered many aspects of the accident only one small thread was that of which I mentioned. I therefore do not consider it to be a faulty one

Thank you for this information - though I would have preferred a report downloadable on the net, which would have enabled me to comment directly. For your information: We have now EURO's in Europe and if I would purchase a copy I would pay it in EURO's..... So, what was your comment on shekels intended for???
What I stated, was clearly, that the message on RADSAFE was not in compliance with the objective facts. If the ICP has not compiled all the information available in the open literature (Cumbria, Austria etc.) it is their fault. If they did not take into consideration possible differences in the chemical composition of the ferrocyanides investigated, this would be an absolutely unacceptable fault. I still insist that a categorization according to country of origin is unacceptable as well and that I simply cannot believe, that this was stated.
But if these differences had been described as I would expect from a scientific publication it would be your fault, not to forward correct information. I myself have several times apoligized on RADSAFE for distributing an opinion, which turned out to be wrong. I do not believe that something like this is humiliating.
The information, that this report was issued in 1991 is of interest, because much information has been published afterwards, but data on Cumbrian sheep, Austrian deer etc. was available before 1991.
For me your vulnerability to some comments, which I personally would if they were directed to myself regard as a very welcome  contribution to discussion, is a little surprising. A research program, not stating what kind of compound was used, is simply not believable.
      Though I do not dispute my potential for a fallable memory on a decade old  plus study, I wish to state emphatically that no conclusions were drawn by myself now  - nor were any drawn from that data at that time - as no explanation for it was proffered.

[So I cannot understand, why you regard my comment as offensive.
 The differences may well have been due to unmeasured variations in the chemical composition of the compounds from the various nations used (I do not know what scrutiny was applied this).
 Additionally I consider the lead thread of your response unprofessional without having an understanding of the report nor its'  findings.
I believe that I am enough professional, since I have not only followed the research on this topic very closely, have been even been in Cumbria for information on the treatment of sheep and have in very close contact with scientists from other countries like Norway. I conducted extensive research in Austria on Cs-137 contamination in game and we did extensive experimental research on the reduction of Cs-137 in game. And all this - and other research - was not mentioned in your posting. Regarding the report in question I have clearly asked the RADSAFE community to provide me with a web-address, where I could download it and study it.
 You have a habit of being aggressive on this list. I do however, welcome the constructive commentary that would help clear up any misunderstandings I may have in the matter.

It is nowadays a sad truth, that anybody of non-US- origin who does not share unconditionally the opinion of a US-citizen or US-politicians is regarded as being aggressive and is even subject to threats. I hope that my comment has been constructive from a scientific point of view, if you do not consider it constructive - well, then it is not. I might contact you personally on the question of "agressivity".
Best regards,
Franz