Re: California: "New debate on radiation at landfills"

It's unfortunate that the media falls into the anti's trap where they give credence to

the idea that the regulators are too chummy, and are in bed with the regulated,

meaning that regulations, and the public's interest, is not being met. What hogwash!

When I was with the nuclear utility, I was a member on the NEI task-force that met

with the NRC reps who were revising the current Part 20, which went into effect

January 1, 1994. There were those who also stated that the NRC, by working with

industry members, were in bed with the industry. let me once again say, hogwash!

Why there has to be a perceived adversarial relationship is beyond me. We all have

input into making a regulation, and the regulators, into a workable relationship, that

the public will ultimately benefit from.

Having worked in a regulated environment in FL, and dealing with regulators from

other states, I can assure everyone that the regulators in CA are doing the same

excellent job that regulators from all over are doing, be they state, federal or local.

What we need in CA is a regime change!  Umm .. where have I heard that before!

The CA constituents need to look at their public officials, and realize that they are

NOT looking out for the public's interest. They are looking out for themselves, and

lining their pockets with "blood" money!

Sandy Perle

Director, Technical

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel: (714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax: (714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/