Kr-85 -> ionization -> oxidants -> acid rain??

We have a new case of "krypton threats the climate".

The message (via a few reader's fallout in some newspapers) is that krypton

85 is said to, via ionizations, drive oxidation processes so that it in turn

causes sulphuric and nitric acid to form, the forests are dying etc.

I wonder if anyone can point at any reference relating to the ionization

part of the argumentation.

We had a break out of a variant of this 16 years ago after a politician had

interpreted krypton as being a synonym for freon + misunderstanding the

difference between radiative (it was about greenhouse gases, I doubt that

she undestood the difference between ozon and carbon dioxide for instance)

and radioactive.

My personal action and reflections only,

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com