US DOT seeks comment on small bus. impact

http://hazmat.dot.gov/rules/68fr-16751.htm (Text format)

http://hazmat.dot.gov/68fr-16751.pdf (Adobe Acrobat Format)

DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION

Research and Special Programs Administration

49 CFR Parts 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, and 178

[Docket No. RSPA-03-14793; Notice No. 03-04]

Regulatory Flexibility Act Section 610 and Plain Language Reviews

AGENCY: Research and Special Programs Administration (RSPA), DOT.

ACTION: Notice of regulatory review; request for comments.

SUMMARY: RSPA requests comments on the economic impact of its

regulations on small entities. As required by the Regulatory

Flexibility Act and as published in DOT's Semi-Annual Regulatory

Agenda, we are analyzing the rules applicable to the transportation of

radioactive materials to identify requirements that may have a

significant economic impact on a substantial number of small entities.

We also request comments on ways to make these regulations easier to

read and understand.

DATES: Comments must be received by July 7, 2003.

Capt. Bruce Bugg

Special Projects Coordinator

Law Enforcement Division

Georgia Department of Motor Vehicle Safety

P.O. Box 80447

Conyers, GA  30013-8047

voice:	678.413.8825

fax:	678.413.8832