Re: Kr-85 -> ionization -> oxidants -> acid rain??

John,Bjorn, et al,
    Kryptonite is yellow, kind of like Uranium ore, and France.
    I find that gaining facts and information by doing research is laborious and vexing. Just making them up is a lot easier and more fun. No wonder the anti's are such a happy bunch.          Jerry

>Is PbAuKrO the green kryptonite or the red kryptonite?
Superman was sensitive to green kryptonite when I was a kid.

Besides that: No one seems to have a reference to that claim about the
ionization and subsequent formation of acids etc. Is there any listserve
system like Radsafers that is for inorganic chemistry? I plan a response to
the massmedial myth fallout we had - especially as it seems to be organized
(and comes from the Swedish Society for the Conservation of Nature where I
served as the president for the Stockholm region more than 20 years ago...
before leaving all of it in 1987 - the organization was taken over by too
many fundamentalists).

Part of the message was that large amounts of radioactivity (classified as
nuclear waste) is released to the air during normal operation etc, etc. No
numbers were given...

Part of the story is a variant of the topic that krypton equals freons and
therefore nuclear power destroys the ozone layer (message by a former second
minister of the environment). She wrote a nasty letter to me BTW after I
had, with kind intentions, informed her about the difference between krypton
atoms and freon molecules (she had read the freon=krypton story in some
weekly trashy publication). The message between the lines was basically that
I should watch it.

My personal ideas only,

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers@hotmail.com