RE: Ingesting Iodine Dangerous as KI Substitute...NOT

Oops!

Peter Thomas points out in the appended message that I made a three order of magnitude mistake in my posting on tincture of iodine today.  The lethal dose for a 75 kg adult would be approx. 2 grams, which makes it NOT A GOOD IDEA to drink an ounce of tincture of iodine, much less 75 ounces.

My point about topical application of a fraction of an ounce of tincture of iodine still stands.

Jim Dukelow

Pacific Northwest National Laboratory

Richland, WA

jim.dukelow@pnl.gov

These comments are mine and have not been reviewed and/or approved by my management or by the U.S. Department of Energy -- but perhaps some occasional review would be a good idea.