Re: As usual -- to account for these events, follow the money.

The items enumerated below are probably over stated. I am,  however,

uncomfortable that the most-frequently cited source for debunking this is

Steven Milloy of www.junkscience.com who is also frequently quoted by Fox News.

Following the money, see who funds Milloy and the Cato Institute.

I am very cynical about all sides in many of these arguments. I thank this

list for educating me with hard facts about nuclear. I need the same hard

facts about other substances such as dioxin before I agree with Milloy.

Y'all have managed to destroy my faith in the greens and the environmental

organizations. I became disenchanted with Sierra Club years ago.

An interesting story about Love Canal, by the way, shows yet a different

perspective as to where some of the blame might lie:

http://reason.com/8102/fe.ez.the.shtml

Cheers,

Richard

At 02:33 AM 4/21/2003 -0500, maury wrote:

>Dioxin, depleted uranium, ozone holes, doomsday anthropogenic global

>warming, ddt, cellular telephones and brain cancer, and nuclear power -

>the

>nemesis of mankind .... And the beat goes on.

SNIP