Re: Radiography chirpers

With a nylon case (indestructable) and using a (common) nine-volt battery...

I still have an still use my 1960's Electro-Nutronincs PRM-2.

By the way, it has a sensitivity of about 100 chirps per mR.  This is

just fine for radiography, and believe it or not, I am able to tell the

difference between one chirp in 30 minutes and 1 chirp in 20 minutes.  I

once found a lost radium source that way.

John Andrews

Tom Hazlett wrote:

> Try this page for chirpers.

> http://harpellassociates.com/brs/brs-rad-alarm-chirper.asp

> james.g.barnes@ATT.NET wrote:

>> Dear all of you instrument manufacturers out there. . . .

>> Would one of you *PLEASE* revive the old Eberline "Rad-Tad" design

>> and re-

>> release it?  NO bells and whistles; just a LOUD chirp.

>> Jim Barnes, CHP

>> Radiation Safety Officer

>> Rocketdyne / Boeing

>> james.g.barnes@att.net

>>> I am looking for a source for some "dumb" radiation detectors, like

>>> the old chirpers.  The current trend seems to be to have everything

>>> be capable of being programmable, do data logging, etc.  While that

>>> may be good for a HP to use, I need something idiot proof for my

>>> guys who act as observers for radiography operations by

>>> contractors.  Any help?

>>> Kim Merritt

>>> Radiation/Laser Safety Officer

>>> HazMed, Inc.