RE: Bernie's original post raising the "reward" to $2500

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, John Jacobus wrote:

> I guess the thing that bothers me is that Dr. Cohen

> determines if the who gets the reward, rather than an

> impartial panel.

	--All my reward offers have included an impartial panel, but the

one under discussion now requires only acceptance for publication as a

Letter to the Editor.

  Besides Dr. Cohen and his

> "followers", have any epidemiologists found Dr.

> Pushkin in error?

	--I thought Jerry Puskin's papere was very interesting. But my

response proves that his explanation is wrong. His explanation is that,

due to errors in our smoking prevalences, we are missing a strong

correlation between radon and smoking, but my response shows that there is

no possible correlation between smoking prevalence and radon that will

explain his observations.

	I have sent my paper in its present and earlier forms to Puskin,

and we have had back and forth discussions, but he has not objected to this

 conclusion of mine.