Dr. Jacob Sedlet

The May, 2003, "Health Physics News" includes a notice of the passing of

Dr. Jacob Sedlet.  It was my privilege to work with Jake during my

tenure at Argonne National Lab.  Although it's been more than 20 years

since we met, I remember Jake fondly and will miss him.  Among many

accomplishments, Jake was a coauthor of NCRP Report No. 50,

"Environmental Radiation Measurements," which I still believe is the

best NCRP report ever issued.  Besides his technical accomplishments, I

remember Jake's people skills.  He had a knack for resolving

disagreements in a way that left everyone happy.

I am pleased to notice that Jake worked at Argonne until his death, at

age 80.  I should be so lucky as to follow his example.

William V. Lipton

liptonw@dteenergy.com