RE: Respectful Offers & Responses

I was refering to CVD from external radiation.  Your

explanation that pulmonary hypertension seems valid,

and seems more logical than direct effects on the

heart from irradiation.

If radon is linked to CVD, what is the mechanism?  I

did not think that pulmonary fibrosis was a

consequence of radon exposure.

--- Brickner Dov <brickner@in.zahav.net.il> wrote:

> this is not a question of Low-dose/low dose rate .

> Gama and X ray radiation

> may adverse cardiovascular effects, but alpha rad

> must act directly in the

> affected blood vessels. Radon daughters act mainly

> in the lungs and do not

> penetrate  or absorbed in significant amounts. I

> can't see how the

> radioactive material will come in close contact with

> the endothel cells of

> the coronary arteries. The mechanism I can suggest

> is of lung fibrosis that

> will lead to  pulmonary hypertension, but then,

> fibrosis is caused by high

> dose rather tjan low-dose/low-dose-rate

. . .

=====