AW: Missing and "new" news

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von maury

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 01. Mai 2003 09:50

An: Radiation Safety

Betreff: Missing and "new" news

Interesting .... news media and governments seemed very subdued this

year over the 17th anniversary of the Chernobyl accident. As was

expected by UNSCEAR, the number of thyroid cancers in young people has

continued to increase by about 200 cases per year. Thankfully, other

observed long term effects remain essentially absent.

Two years ago, when Cherobyl was 15 years old, I sent a message to RADSAFE,

that we will have to wait for five years to have the next massive reactions.

Nobody in European massmedia seems to be interested in this anniversary, in

Austria only one or two groups organized a demonstration (this means a few

persons carrying some transparencies.)

This is to confirm your own observation.

Franz