Re: Powernet: Re: I submitted the "primary" versus "secondary" dosimeter(follow-up)

On 6 May 2003 at 11:31, William V Lipton wrote:

> but I noticed that the proposed

> definition of "individual monitoring devices" includes "...person

> ('label') [sic] air sampling devices."  I assume you mean "lapel"

> samplers.

Bill,

The only definition change I made was to add in the OSL dosimeter.

The air sampler is in the current 10 CFR 20 definition.  See the

following,,, the current wording and my proposed wording for the

definition:

Current 10 CFR Section 20.1003

Individual monitoring devices (individual monitoring equipment) means

devices designed to be worn by a single individual for the assessment

of dose equivalent such as film badges, thermoluminescent dosimeters

(TLDs), pocket ionization chambers, and person ("lapel") air sampling

devices.

Proposed revision to 10 CFR Section 20.1003

Individual monitoring devices (individual monitoring equipment)

defined in 10 CFR Section 20.1003 Definitions, needs to be revised to

mean devices designed to be worn by a single individual for the

assessment of dose equivalent, used by licensees to comply with 10

CFR Section 20.1201, such as film badges, thermoluminescent

dosimeters (TLDs), pocket ionization chambers, electronic dosimeters,

optically stimulated dosimeters and person ("lapel") air sampling

devices.

Sandy Perle

Director, Technical

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax:(714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/