Re: Confounders and Coincidences

Otto, Bernie, et al,

Caution should be exercised in investigating the former confederate states

as a confounding factor in radon/smoking/cancer relationships.

Too much science can boggle the mind.

For example, as a service to humanity, I looked into the cancer death rates

in

states beginning with vowels (e.g. Alabama, Ohio, Iowa, Utah, etc.) and

found

the rate in these states is ~5.4 % below the national average. I don't yet

know

the significance of this, but I plan to seek  funding for a follow-up study.

If

this research pans out, those states starting with consonants might possibly

change their names in order to reduce their cancer rates.