Re: Confederate States

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Richard L. Hess wrote:

> Presumably if we look at this data in smaller subsets, the number of points

> straying far from the norm would still be small.

> Is there a state-by-state breakdown of the data in any of the publications?

	--See Table 4 of Item #2 on my web site (address below)

> I would be curious (for reasons similar to Dr. Raabe's) to see state values for

>    Alaska, Hawaii, Florida, Arizona, California, Colorado, Oregon, Maine,

> Maryland, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Washington (state)

	--Alaska and Hawaii are not in my data base because of lack of

data. FL, AZ, and CA have been deleted from my data base many years ago

because they are retirement states; people who die there often have

received their radon exposure elsewhere. No other states have been

deleted. If these states were included, my results would be essentially

the same.

Bernard L. Cohen

Physics Dept.

University of Pittsburgh