From: JGinniver@AOL.COM [mailto:JGinniver@AOL.COM]
Sent: Sunday May 11, 2003 7:20 PM
To: maury@webtexas.com
Cc: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu
Subject: Re: Sydney Morning Herald says 5000 died of radiation at Chernobyl

I don't know what has happened to UNSCEAR (or my recent posting tot he list which took several days to come back to me through the list?)  But only the other day I was able to access this report on the URL I gave in my previous posting.  I would repeat it, but I deleted the posting when it got back to me.  I tried after recieving the original e-mail from Maury to access UNSCEAR from a search on Google, but I couldn't get into the site.  So any loss of the site must be very recent.  A serch on Goolgle does identify several other sitres where the Chernobyl information can be found.  I do have a copy of the original report in pdf format on my work computer, but (although I can't remember the exact file size) I suspect it is too large for an e-mail.

If anyone can shed any light on this I would be interested.  I recall from a presentation give by Norman Gentner?  the UNSCEAR secretary last year in Oxford that there was some concern then over continuing funding for this body of th UN.  Does anyone know any more detail on whether funding has been stopped for UNSCEAR?

Regards,
Julian