RE: respiratory tract dose (HP vs. IH approach)[Scanned]

	[Mercado, Don]  Chris Hofmeyer wrote:

> Jerry,

> I think you are raising a sensitive but valid point: why can radiation

> safety not be an IH field of competence?

[Mercado, Don]  All the IHs I've spoken to do get some form of radiation

safety training. But they're not into IH for the RP aspect, its the

toxicology, ventillation, etc. I've had many IHs come to me for a RP

refresher before their certification test, and there are RP questions on the

test. And I know a lot of IHs get tagged with the RSO task. If you are an IH

and your company has a chemical detection system containing 160 uCi of

Am-241 inside it (Chempro 100), or a 100 uCi Cd-109 source for irradiating

photoelectric cells, how much RP training do you need? Does the company need

a CHP for that?