Re: NRC PROPOSES $6,000 FINE AGAINST ST. JOSEPH MERCY HOSPITAL IN

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2003 8:28 AM
Subject: RE: NRC PROPOSES $6,000 FINE AGAINST ST. JOSEPH MERCY HOSPITAL IN

I couldn’t agree more with Steve Dapra and Jerry Cohen.  It is reprehensible to separate a family member or make them sit behind some kind of a lead glass shield for only a 3-15 rem exposure.  In my humble opinion, the benefit to the family outweighs the risk of cancer (if any).  If it were my family, I would be at the bedside.  Nuclear Medicine patients are not lepers.

As a profession, we should strive for reasonableness in our regulations and for appropriate balance in enforcement.

 Brian Keele, CHP

 WOW! What a radical thought.

The ALARA police may get you for that :-)