Re:

In a message dated 5/15/2003 4:48:41 AM Pacific Standard Time, liptonw@DTEENERGY.COM writes:

When I reviewed them with the scientist, he stated
that he would accept full responsibility if anything went wrong, and in the meantime,
he did not want to hear from me.

Shortly after that conversation, he did something that was truly stupid, even by his
standards, causing a serious accident.  He then sued the employer for making him work
under such dangerous conditions!

I think this speaks more to the disreputable condition of our legal system, than to the wisdom of allowing people to be responsible for their own actions.

Barbara