Re: NRC PROPOSES $6,000 FINE AGAINST ST. JOSEPH MERCY HOSPITAL INMICHIGANFOR OVEREXPOSURE TO A MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC

Even though I do not agree with every regulation I have to follow, I always approach

regulatory compliance with the attitude that the regulators are making their best,

good faith efforts to protect the public, and that I have a legal and moral obligation

to obey the regulatory letter and spirit.  I consider anything else to be

unprofessional and, in most cases, counterproductive.

As much as I am concerned, I have to admit, however, that some of these rants offer a

measure of comic relief.  I am especially amused when someone can claim to perform a

better dose estimate than what's reported, without having taken any measurements or

seen any of the underlying data.  I'll be the first to admit that I do not have such

abilities.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Curies forever.

Bill Lipton