AW: Our legal system

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu [mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von Jerry Cohen
Gesendet: Freitag, 16. Mai 2003 20:26
An: William V Lipton; BLHamrick@AOL.COM
Cc: Steven Dapra; radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu
Betreff: Re: Our legal system

Bill,
    You have nicely described the prevailing sentiment in Germany during the 1930's. Were that the case in the USA during the 50's & 60's we might still have segregation. Bad laws and policies can be changed. Hopefully, future radsafe people will be able to disdainfully look back at what was the "ALARA period".
 Jerry

Jerry,

I am not German (I am Austrian), though I have been borne in 1944 as a German citizen. I believe that I have a good knowledge about also the German history (which was quite different until 1938 from the Austrian one), ever since and as well after WWI. Though I cannot make any sense of your remarks, I would like to ask you to enlighten me and probably other RADSAFErs what your remarks mean, especially with respect to "the USA during the 50's and 60's".

Even more I would be interested to know, what, what you call the ALARA period, has to do with the Nazi regime.

I would not only be interested to know, but I would ultimatively urge you to explain. One of the former fighters advocating the benefits of deliberate irradiation called an international body for a Gestapo-organisation. I am very happy that he has been banned now forever from RADSAFE.

I hope to receive a satisfactory answer - otherwise you should avoid any such comments which show not only lack of historical understanding but also lack of understanding for any radiation protection principles.

Franz