Re: Risks and their avoidance

Hi Bob & all:

To keep things in proper perspective, we must all keep clear the point that while

in the US the approximate average mortality from cancer is one in six, if the LNT

hypothesis is true than as a very maximum upper boundary 3% of overall cancer

mortality would be due to all sources of ionizing radiation exposure. Thus the

overall [Maximum] cancer mortality due to ionizing radiation exposure of the US

public in all its components [background, medical diagnosis/treatment, residual

bomb test fallout, nuclear power, etc.] would be  (0.03)*(0.16) = 0.0048 or one

out of about 200 cancer deaths as an upper estimate due to all sources of

radiation exposure.

Stewart Farber