Re: Risks and their avoidance

In a message dated 5/20/2003 8:51:52 AM Pacific Standard Time, BobCherry@AOL.COM writes:

In leading to the discussion of LNT, I mentioned that we all have about a one in six chance of dying of cancer. However, that shouldn't be alarming because we also have a five in six chance of dying of something else. The cadets seemed surprised at facing mortality in such cold terms, but it helped put radiation risks in perspective.

This is a great story.  I would like to ask permission to use it the next time I teach any course dealing with risks.

Barbara