Re: Detectors (was Re: DU in Iraq)

>Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 22:49:27 -0500

>From: "David Whitfill" <djwhitfill@MSN.COM>

>Subject: Re: DU in Iraq

>Of course I feel the same way about the EPA radon program. I feel our =

>resources would be better spent on providing smoke and carbon monoxide =

>detectors for households. The deaths that occur each year from fires and =

>carbon monoxide poisoning is very real. Our family can take you to a =

>family grave site that will attest to that. I would bet that some of you =

>reading this message board can do the same.

Thankfully, no.

My CO detector awoke my family at 3:00 a.m. because of 90 ppm CO in the

upstairs due to smodering biomass in the basement.

The fire department knocked on our door when our neighbor's propane tank was

struck by lightning sending flames 8 meters into the air that slowly

subsided over a period of days.

My nuclear-powered heat-pumps have no such problems, and are generally just

as efficient for heating/cooling in mild climates.

I agree entirely.

Regards,

Jim

--

Hold the door for the stranger behind you. When the driver a half-car-length

in front of you signals to get over, slow down. Smile and say "hi" to the

folks you pass on the sidewalk. Give blood. Volunteer.