RE: radiography - deja vu all over again

At 01:54 PM 5/20/03 -0400, Hart, Tim P GS (RASO) wrote:
Mr. Lipton,

The real question is when will people stop ignoring the rules?  Alarming
rate meters were added as a regulation because radiographers wouldn't carry
an instrument.  After that the NRC adopted a rule that each radiographer
must be tested and carry a certificate that could be yanked if they did
anything wrong.  Radiographers continue to screw-up, Doctors continue to run
neck-in-neck with radiographers in screw-ups when using isotopes with far
broader effects and at a much higher frequency.  When will the NRC do
something about them?

This incident didn't happen in NRC jurisdiction, but in Texas, one of the
toughest and best regulated radiography agreement state programs.  What more
do you want the NRC to do?  Hold the hand of every radiographer during every
shot across the nation!  While they are at it they should be double checking
every doctor and hospital any time they use any isotope for treatment or
testing.

No more rules, lets just enforce the ones we have.  If the radiographer
loses his job, then the next guy might think before acting.

This is my opinion and only mine, not the U.S. Navy's.

Tim Hart
Radiation Protection Manager
NAVSEADET RASO
NWS P.O. Drawer 260
Yorktown, VA 23691-0260

Commercial: (757) 887-4692
DSN:  953-4692
Fax:  (757) 887-3235

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him
absolutely no good." - Samuel Johnson