Re: Tooth fairy inspired law suit

Sandy,
As the article says:
. . .
The two are among more than 30 children in St. Lucie County diagnosed
with a rare brain cancer in the past decade, according to St. Lucie County
Department of Health statistics.

State and local health officials have been searching for a cause of the
cancer for more than a decade. More than 400 sources, including the
nuclear power plant, have been tested as potential causes, but health officials
have not found a cause.
. . .
So, how long should they continue to look?  I would suggest they consider the results of the study  findings from Tom's River, New Jersey, as a starting point, and not the nuclear power plants.  See http://www.lupus.about.com/library/weekly/aa031602a.htm

Sandy Perle <sandyfl@earthlink.net> wrote:
On 20 May 2003 at 8:30, John Jacobus wrote:

> I am always fascinated when you have a cancer cluster of one person. Where are the others to do an epidemiological study?

Hi John,

While I agree that this lawsuit is frivolous, there does appear to be
a higher incidence of these cancers in around the St.Lucie area. The
state and local government agencies have studied these cancers,
trying to look for a causal relationship, which they have not found.

So, while I don't agree with their conclusion (it's always easier to
go after the nuclear plant), there have been a higher number of
unexpected cancers in the area.

. . .

-- John
John Jacobus, MS