Re: radiography - deja vu all over again

In a message dated 5/21/2003 10:41:37 AM Pacific Standard Time, LGrimm@FACNET.UCLA.EDU writes:

IRs as a group had more overexposures than any other group of radioactive material users, and probably still do.

I have a quick caveat to insert here, and that is, if you look at cardiologists, you may find comparable rates of overexposures from the procedures they perform using x-ray producing machines.  We tend to focus on the dangers of radioactive materials, and forget the dangers of machine use.  I believe that this is due, in part, to the fact that we have a comprehensive national program to address RAM use, but that radiation machine use is not so consistently nor comprehensively regulated.

Barbara