RE: radiography - deja vu all over again

True, iff this kind of self-reporting is typical for the industry.

-----Original Message-----

From: garyi@trinityphysics.com [mailto:garyi@trinityphysics.com]

Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 2:58 PM

To: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Subject: RE: radiography - deja vu all over again

I think its worth noting that this incident was reported.  In other words,

they did not just shrug their shoulders and go about their business.

They took the incident seriously and attempted to follow the

appropriate regulatory procedures.

Then consider the fact that 900 mrem is not a very big dose.  To me,

this suggests that safety awareness in the industry is not bad, and this

incident is probably not worth the time we are spending discussing it.

-Gary Isenhower