RE: Panic more dangerous than WMD

Title: RE: Panic more dangerous than WMD

Maury wrote:

Susan, thanks for posting the Trib item. What an utterly puzzling article! In addition your warranted concerns for correcting misconceptions, I was eqally impressed by this from Secy. Ridge:

"Weapons of mass destruction, including those containing chemical, biological or radiological agents or materials, cannot be discounted."

What pray tell are NBC weapons (or WMD to use the new acronym)  besides  "...chemical, biological or radiological ...."  Do we now have some new classes of secret weapons? How odd for this to come from the head of Homeland Security. These folks are really probing the profound depths.

<snip>

Maury, this may be an oblique reference to 9-11 and large airliners, used as WMDs.

Jaro