Checked Baggage X-Ray Exposures

On a single pass, a TLD will see between 12-18 millirem, assuming the

pass-thru is relatively swift (I base this on having passed a Victoreen 451P

through a number of times.  If the bag is held-on-alarm, or somewhere w/in

the scanner when another bag in the baggage stream is, it may see higher.

(You ask why I know this?, well my field install technicians, charged with

installing and trouble-shooting said machines, have a habit of leaving their

dosimeters in their lap-top bags and then using same as a test-object ;-)

Later next week, I'm actually testing a number of our badges, both Film and

TLD, against this.  If you'd like, I'll share the data with you when

completed.

The Invision scanners see a slightly different energy level.

Andrew H. Auld; EH&S Coordinator

L-3 Communications Security & Detection Systems

2005 Gandy Blvd N Suite 600

St. Petersburg FL 33702-2166

(727) 369-4225 Direct

(727) 744-4090 Mobile

www.dsxray.com or www.L-3Com.com

"In God We Trust, Everyone Else We X-ray."