RE: Geiger counter in every human revealed

Greetings:

Some questions come to my mind:

>From the summary: "The team used the technique to analyse chromosome 5 in

thousands of blood cells from 31 people who had worked at a secret nuclear

weapons facility near Ozyorsk in Russia. Though most of the workers were

last exposed to densely ionising radiation from plutonium over 10 years ago,

the team found a surprising amount of damage."

Questions: What blood cells are they examining? My copy of Casarett's

"Radiation Biology" says that blood cells have finite lives in the day to

months range. What blood cells would be present 10 y after exposure? Or do

these people have large plutonium burdens? If that's the case, why would the

damage be "surprising"?

>From the summary: "Workers with moderate levels of exposure had a lower

level of damage, while those with no radiation exposure had none. Even

workers at a nuclear reactor exposed to high levels of sparsely ionising

gamma rays and mutating chemicals had very few intrachromosomal changes,

though they had significant interchromosomal damage."

Question: Where did they find people with no radiation exposure? Knowing

what we do about weapon's complex waste disposal practices, I would suspect

anybody near the place would have some exposure.

Regards,

Ben

ben.morgan@pgnmail.com