RE: MSNBC News Item - Uranium hunter follows trail of tiles

>>Wagner argued that it would be reasonable to remove the offending tiles, or sandblast the tiles to remove the glaze. He said he would press for inspections of schools, as well as a legal requirement that properties be certified as "uranium-free" when they are sold. <<

And what do you do with all the Uranium-bearing dust generated in the sandblasting process? How do we make sure the dust is all captured, and then disposed of?

How does he propose to define "Uranium-free?" Ah, the age-old question, "How clean is clean?" Can he tell me how to "certify" that my home property in suburban Atlanta, Georgia is "Uranium-free?" Could there be U-235 or other fission by-products here that drifted east from Nevada in the 1950's? Or Chernobyl in the 1980's?

On the other hand, it could be a whole new market for all the HP's out there... <g>

Capt. Bruce Bugg

Special Projects Coordinator

Georgia Department of Motor Vehicle Safety

P.O. Box 80447

Conyers, GA  30013-8047

Phone: 678.413.8825

Fax: 678.413.8832