" 7th crew member dies of boiler-blast injuries " [FW]

Title: " 7th crew member dies of boiler-blast injuries " [FW]

This item didn't make it anywhere near to front page news -- not surprisingly, since it did not involve a nuke power plant or Navy ship or sub..... people these days seem more concerned with radioactive bathroom tiles.

To me, there's hardly anything more horrible than getting scalded (half-) to death by steam.

PS. anyone have other news stories on this incident, that they could send me please ? (Thanks)

Jaro

7th crew member dies of boiler-blast injuries
[The Montreal Gazette, 31 May 2003]
A seventh crew member has died of injuries suffered in a boiler explosion last weekend aboard a docked cruise ship. Engine room stoker Ramon Villarais, 39, died on Thursday. Nine others from the Norwegian Cruise Line vessel remained in a hospital, one in critical condition, the company said. Autopsies on the first six victims found that five were scalded to death by high-pressure steam, and one died of blunt trauma from the blast, the Miami-Dade County medical examiner's office said.