RE: shielding_CT scanner

I sent a seperate message to Mr. Skours wich included some spread sheets and a PDF of the draft shielding report, but thought I would post the coefficients here in case I gave him the wrong info, was hoping someone else on the list would correct any errors.

>From NCRP draft rewrite

                  Alpha                    Beta                Gamma

                 kVp/120/140         120/140             120/140

lead	     2.246/2.009           5.73/3.99           0.547/0.342

concrete     0.0383/0.0336      0.0142/0.0122    0.658/0.519

Also, draft report uses the CTDI Periphery value for a 10 mm beam and applies a scatter fraction of 9e-5 for the head phantom and 3e-4 for the body phantom to get the scatter at 1 meter.

Don

Donald E. Parry, CHP

Health Physicist

Michigan Department of Consumer & Industry Services

Radiation Safety Section

Phone : 517-241-1989  Fax: 517-241-1981

mailto:dparry@michigan.gov

www.michigan.gov/bhs