Re: Help ! I'm confused (was Last Comment Re Electro Met Production)

At 07:08 AM 6/5/2003 -0400, JGinniver@AOL.COM wrote:
In this instance I think it is very interesting that L.H. Ricciuti states  "Keep in mind that Niagara was the premiere chemistry location of the time, perhaps in the entire world."

Hi, Julian,

As I traveled through the region in the 1970s, my recollection is that Lackawana, just south of Buffalo, was a major industrial area with lots of stacks. My recollection is that it was a steel milling area. Also, my recollection was that there was a high incidence of smoking.

The challenge we have is
 (a) identifying if there is a true cluster of excess heart disease that is
      statistically significant
 (b) if (a) is shown, then we need to find the root cause(s) of this which
      may or may not be linked to ionizing radiation
 (c) it is entirely possible that there are synergistic negative effects where
      one irritant combines with another irritant to create a worse effect than
      either would alone.

Cheers,

Richard