Re: Radon and Lung Cancer: What the studies really say.

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 epirad@mchsi.com wrote:

> Unfortunately the treatment described uses the same problematic smoking data

> that does a poor job of predicting county lung cancer rates.

	--The smoking data I use does an excellent job of predicting

county lung cancer rates; it implies that all lung cancer is due to

smoking; see section on "Defense of PITT S-values" in Item #15 on my web

site. Your statement is based on its failure to do an excellent job in

predicting all the small random fluctuations in smoking and lung cancer

rates; this was explained in my paper in Health Physics 72:489-490;1997

	--I have shown that no remotely plausible smoking prevalence data

can explain the discrepancy between my data and LNT. See Sec. 4.2 of Item

#7 on my web site.