From: Jose Julio Rozental [mailto:joseroze@netvision.net.il]
Sent: Tuesday June 24, 2003 3:35 AM
To: Baratta, Edmond J; Franta, Jaroslav; Radsafe (E-mail)
Subject: Re: any more news on Thai Cs-137 seizure ?

Comment:

a) About source's mass:

In my comment I had mentioned that the matrix of the source in Goiania accident  was less than 100 g, in fact was 93 g - The source there was in form of a highly soluble Cesium Chloride salt and compacted to form a coherent mass, it thought to have been produced at the ORNL.

b) About press information

"Why do they always include the shielding as part of the radioactivity?  Must make good press."

Edmond,
Most journalists are generalists; we must keep in mind that some radiological event is a highly situation beyond the ability of the average journalist to understand, and we must help the media to tell our story.

I have learned this during some real emergency response

Jose Julio Rozental
joseroze@netvision.net.il
Israel